Accounts Payable Officer (Malta)
The Accounts Payable Officer will hold a role in a successful iGaming company in Malta which will be known for its popular sports platform and exclusive casino bonuses. This role will provide professional accounting and offer excellent administrative support to the the finance team which makes sure payment of invoices is being paid on time and correctly, signed by the appropriate authorization, and keeps a clear record of all transactions. The Accounts Payable Officer will work with the AP team to analyze current processes and implement improvements if required. Working with other stakeholders within the wider business to provide information and analysis reports on data from the AP ledgers in this fast-growth and acquisitive professional services business.
The Accounts Payable Officer’s responsibilities
The Accounts Payable Officer in this iGaming company in Malta will report to the Finance Manager Accounts Payable and provides high-quality support in respect of accounts payable, expenses, accounting, and financial administration tasks:
• Review and management of the accounts payable inbox daily, ensuring all emails are dealt with promptly and by the correct person/department
• Log invoices sent through to the accounts payable inbox, and these invoices and payment requests to be approved in line with the company authorization and processed by relevant individuals
• Review the logged invoices report form to follow up with authorities with regards to any overdue invoices
• Ensure invoices and payment requests are checked to identify the correct entities within the company group and any applicable VAT charged
• Obtain appropriate coding for all payment requests and invoices in line with the accounting systems to ensure that invoices are processed to the Company accounting ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
• Complete the company process for payments, including completion of CHAPS forms for all CHAPS payments, ensuring appropriate authorizations at all times
• Input manual and overseas payments onto the banking system
• Reconciliation of supplier financial statements received periodically and managing supplier relationships to deliver long-term value for the business
• Set up new supplier accounts as per the company system confirming payment terms with the Legal team
• Allocate AP supplier payments accurately and promptly onto the relevant supplier accounts on the finance system
• Carrying out other general accounting and administrative duties as may be required.
The Accounts Payable Officer’s experience
The Accounts Payable Officer in Malta should be an analytical person who can manage administrative problems for an iGaming company who will offer fantastic casino bonuses and LIVE-betting for sports betting gamblers:
• Ability to work with tight deadlines under pressure, while maintaining close attention to details
• Previous experience in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organization and communication skills in English (other languages are welcome)
• AAT Technician or equivalent
• Skilled at using web-based platforms and Microsoft Office tools with advanced Excel skills
• Experienced in dealing with external suppliers and senior executives to solve practical problems in Finance
• Strong system and IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications or equivalent programming language
• Good knowledge of accounting procedures particularly accounts payable ledgers and P&L accounts
• An appetite to learn accounting and finance disciplines
• Experience in accounts payable functions is an advantage
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
• Be a team player and appreciate the collaboration between departments
Please contact us if you have questions about salary, bonus, and benefits. The ideal candidate will be starting 1 month from now.