Fraud and Risk Analyst
Millions of online transactions happen at any given moment and Fraud and Risk analysts are part of a team that is managing Document checks, Fraud, Risk and Banking.
If you enjoy investigative work, behavioural studies and in-depth analysis, then we believe this job opportunity in Malta might interest you. Your job will be to investigate and to flag suspicious activity by using various KYC providers, detection techniques in-order to identify high risk accounts and monitoring banking transactions. iGaming companies are working extremely hard to identify and prevent potential fraud threats, and flagged player accounts to be checked, investigated and suspended to avoid revenue losses and to adhere to the regulations and procedures.
What is it like to be a Fraud and Risk analyst?
- Contacting players for security checks
- Review, identify and approve KYC documents sent in by registered players and new customers
- Customer Due Diligence process and risk assessment
- Identification of suspicious activity using fraud monitoring tool and detection technique tools
- Investigate and take immediate action to mitigate losses to the business
- Complete a variety of account and payment administration tasks including banking deposits and withdrawal transactions
- Handle chargeback disputes
- Liaise with 3rd party providers for enhanced investigations to resolve issues related to missing deposits and missing withdrawals
- Assist Customer Support related to Payment, Fraud and AML
Which fraud attacks may cause damage for iGaming operators?
The increased number of fraud prevention roles and big focus on anti-money laundering is to detect and limit illegal activities and fraud attempts which could be multi-accounts by bonus abusers or stolen credit cards, identity theft, fraudulent chargebacks and more.
Companies are currently adding new management measures and special tools that are used by financial intuitions, such as stricter KYC regulations and reputational databases, and that’s why they need employees who have these desired skills and expertise:
- Analytical with customer service excellence to ensure the full satisfaction of our customers
- Working experience from either Customer service, KYC, Fraud or Banking
- Reliable, organized and flexible
- A trustworthy team player
- Numerate with excellent analytical skills which makes you an agile thinker
- Understanding of related legislation and regulations in fraud and risk mitigation
- Ability to learn new technology/systems/applications
- You are an excellent communicator in both verbal and written English
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering and Responsible Gaming
Why should you apply for this Fraud and Risk analyst role?
Ideally we would love if you have experience from the FBI fighting cyber crime! However, being independent, analytical and ambitious mean more than a Bachelor’s in criminal justice, previous military intelligence experience and part-time work as a spy.
What the candidate really need is a creative determined mind to uncover new sources of information. The importance of hiring more Fraud and Risk analysts in 2022 could mean that you are entering an iGaming career which is full of interesting challenges and very rewarding.