German Customer Service
Are you looking for a job as German customer service? Read on and see if you’re the perfect match for a new role in the Malta iGaming industry!
One of our Malta-based clients, a successful and established gaming business focused on online casinos and sports betting, is on the lookout for a German-speaking candidate with experience in the customer service industry. The key skills that will need to be demonstrated to be successful in your application would be the ability to build excellent relationships with online users and new players from German-speaking markets. Any background or personal interest in the iGaming sector or knowledge about player behavior or casino bonuses would be advantageous.
With iGaming being such a growing area of customer demand, maybe you can help with German customer service skills?
Your role as a German customer service agent will be vital in maintaining current registered customers and active casino players while also growing the gaming business. The German customer support team will likely be the first contact point of call for many current and potential players and gamblers. It is important that these online players receive world-class customer care, and the most important aspect of this role is the ability to communicate clearly and to have the patience and the desire to assist others.
In the German customer service team, you will work closely with all departments, meaning there is a great opportunity for self-development and growth within the business. Customer service in the 21st century presents itself in several ways: it’s no longer just face-to-face conversations. It’s therefore vital that you feel just as able to build strong relationships with online customers across all channels and that your enthusiasm isn’t lost behind a screen. People should feel like they are talking to another human who understands them and is willing to engage with them.
Most communication is via emails and web chat, so it’s important that you have a very high level of written German and you must be familiar with all common dialects that may be reasonably expected to be used by the company.
German customer service responsibilities
● As the first contact for players in the German customer service team, you should be prepared to greet them and give them the opportunities to express their queries
● You must have a high level of German to be considered for this customer service role and you must be prepared to prove this should you be successful
● Your written communication skills will come across as professional yet friendly
● The role of German customer service extends to supporting the business; you’ll be expected to understand the full packages and services on offer and you’ll be able to confidently suggest available promotions to customers
● You’ll be striving to exceed expectations: this can be done in several ways, but most notably you’ll be seeking to get answers to customers in a timely manner all while keeping a polite and professional conversation flowing
● You’ll be interested in learning about all aspects of the business so that you can provide explanations to common concerns such as but not limited to: products/site/policies
● You won’t just be sitting alone with your team, you’ll want to take part in wider discussions with other team members and discover how the business is performing, and what role you can play to improve its performances
● No player should leave feeling unhappy: you’ll take any concern or complaint seriously and ensure these are dealt with appropriately although you may need to liaise with other teams to fully support customers here
● For the growth of the industry as a whole, it is of utmost importance you support players in Responsible Gaming which include offering support where required and if a player requires it. You must be prepared to conduct further reading in this area
● You’ll have an eye for detail and report any suspicious activities to the relevant departments. This includes, but is not limited to, the Fraud and Payment teams. You may require additional training if relevant
● It will be important to keep up to date with Anti-Money Laundering practices as this is important for the business and your department as a whole. You’ll take it upon yourself to report suspicious activities to the relevant members of staff
● You’ll be a team player ready to immerse yourself in a company with a wide range of departments such as Marketing, Content Writing, CRM, Compliance, and Payment and Fraud analysts – we value the ambitious types
German customer service requirements
● You must be a native German speaker to work in the German customer service team although we will accept non-native speakers if you are able to demonstrate evidence of a high level of German through education or life experience
● You must be able to manage complex situations and be prepared to accept that no two customers will require the same level of support
● Any customer support experience would be an advantage if you’re able to demonstrate in your CV
● Developing your learning will be one of your checkboxes for a job
● You must enjoy working with others and listening to their ideas as we’ll listen to yours in return
● To fit into the company culture, you’ll need some knowledge of iGaming and a genuine passion to learn more
● You treat people with respect no matter their background or situation
● You can easily switch between a day working solo and a day in a big team; you can cope with change well
● You’re insightful and able to come to your own conclusions about problems – but equally, you don’t keep your solutions to yourself
● A German customer service team member you don’t spend days ruminating on your thoughts: you ask the questions that need to be asked without worrying about embarrassment
Salary, bonus, and benefits offered to German customer service
There is a huge demand for German customer service candidates! As this is a thriving business in the Malta iGaming industry, we’ll be happy to discuss your salary requirements at the interview stage – there will of course be opportunities to review this depending on your performance and we couldn’t celebrate the business in good spirits without thanking our staff members for their hard work: you’ll be pleased to know this will come in the form of quarterly and annual bonuses.
We value German customer service candidates with ambitions and you’ll be provided with education and personal development opportunities: if there’s something you’re eager to learn, speak to your line manager. You know your body better than we do and we want you to have all the tools you need to keep yourself healthy and happy; for this reason, we offer private health insurance as well as a gym membership. You’ll attend staff events not because you have to – that’s up to you – but we hope you’ll be as excited as the rest of the team to celebrate everyone’s successes.
The role is based in Malta, a small but thriving island in the Mediterranean well-known for a booming Malta iGaming industry. Whether you’re already based here or looking for an adventure abroad, apply now as this role as a German customer service agent is an exciting opportunity to learn more about customer service in a growing industry with good income potential. We understand that any new job can be a scary thought, but even more so when it requires moving abroad – but you don’t need to worry. Our team will ensure you receive flights, a temporary hotel while you’re setting up, and assistance with any in-country bureaucracies you have to face!