The Role as a Risk Manager
Risk manager candidates are welcome to apply to this exciting role in Malta. We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Risk Manager to join forces with an already dynamic iGaming team on a full-time basis. We have created a role within this ever growing start-up. Here we will want you to bring new ideas as well as experience which will enable us to move our online casino and sports betting business onto the next level. Our mantra is to prioritise the player’s experience. With this is in mind, and the rapid growth of business we want to expand our operational team. We are looking for an attentive, driven analyst that can demonstrate the technical abilities required to be successful in this sector.
This is a brand-new role in a fast-growing start-up where you will need to bring your experience and ideas to the forefront to help drive our business forward. We put its players primarily in all that it does, across its entire business. With the fast growth of the business, we are growing our Operations team and are looking for a technical minded, focused, self-driven analyst to join our new team. You can always find a job in Malta with Allan Aasterud.
Risk Manager’s Responsibilities
Risk Manager is a unique role which demands effective relations with all areas of the business from operations, customer support agents all the way to the VIP and marketing teams. At the forefront of this business is the continual thirst to thrive. This takes maintenance, hard-work and above all the ability to multi task. Every member of the team including the managers are expected to participate in training sessions to further knowledge in different business areas. This expertise is to be shared with player facing teams. Please find below a brief outline of what to expect and what is expected from joining forces with this vibrant workforce.
- Test and quality assure newly added risk rules. Review previously created rulesets on a regular basis, to maintain all risk processes are in order.
- Assist the department to ensure that all goals are met, to enable vital insight from reports and data.
- Co-ordinate with Compliance to ensure that we are meeting all MGA requirements with regards to risk checks and current casino bonus promotions
- Gather feedback from CS/Payment/Risk Teams for further system improvements and assist Product Team with prioritisation.
- Maintain documentation of our risk rules and logic, to ensure visibility. Include the whole team with a brief of findings to highlight how these updates could influence business.
- Manage escalation of payment issues with providers, tech support and other departments.
- Coordinate the introduction of new rules into our risk management system.
- Maintain Provider relationships and follow up on performance, metrics and transaction troubleshooting.
Risk Manager’s Skills and Experience
Risk Manager is a position that requires a strong team player. Meaning a balance of skill and experience is required to be an asset to an already motivated operational team. Within this team you are expected to think on your feet and sometimes work under pressure to creatively problem solve. Having a knack for critical thinking in a fast pace, ever changing environment is essential. Do you have the skills and experience for this role?
- You have 3+ years’ experience working in iGaming Operations
- Advanced experience in using risk management tools, such as Threatmetrix, Iovation, Featurespace, SEON, etc.
- Technical aptitude and strong organizational skills.
- A strong communicator – both written and verbal – in English. A secondary language would be a bonus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel – SQL would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of iGaming licence jurisdictions MGA, Curacao would also be a plus.