Our tips for helping nervous job candidates
An email from one of our Dutch candidates which contacted GamingMyJob in early February:
“Dear Allan, I have my 2nd interview next Tuesday for the role CRM executive – Dutch market. Do you have some extra info about how to prepare before this meeting? Maybe you have some tips? I am really keen and excited for this interview but also a bit nervous. Hope to hear from you.”
M Mollenaar, Malta
Hey M Mollenaar! Good luck next week and keep believing in yourself. I know you did well in the first interview because I received positive feedback about your personality, communication skills and knowledge from iGaming in Malta.
Now the company will welcome you to their office, have a chat with you and I think you will meet both HR and Hiring manager. I think it’s always important that you as a candidate (try to) enjoy the opportunity, you get the chance to present yourself face to face and you meet good people from another successful company.
Smile, relax and focus!
Allan Aasterud’s advices before an interview
- Bring a notepad and pen to the meeting. Have some questions written down for the interview shows you are professional, prepared and have done some research. I always tell a candidate to ask questions during an interview and it could be questions about the website, the company, the job spec or even the salary and bonuses.
Please register a player account with their popular casino brand so you can check their Dutch site and maybe even have a LIVE chat with their support team. Why not? You should really know a lot about that company by the time you meet them in the office.
You can register, have a look at which casino games and game providers they offer, check welcome bonus offers and exclusive promos. Google the company and read their online marketing communication too which can be found on i.e social media, press releases, some affiliate site info etc. I know this is solid home work for an excited CRM executive candidate and people who have prepared well have gone on to enjoy successful iGaming careers.
- The job description lists some important skills/strengths required like “our company is looking for a passionate sports enthusiast to play a key role in the CRM and this candidate should breathe sports and be familiar with key leagues, background from sports betting and local knowledge about sports calender and events. Having an understanding of Dutch compliance and regulative matters in 2022 would be a bonus!”
Your favourite team is Ajax, right and you follow the Eresdivise and Champions League. Just trust yourself and present your key strengths which is sports knowledge, sports betting expertise, work experience from iGaming and that you also understand various gaming products like bingo, poker and LIVE casino. I know your references highlighted your communication skills in both Dutch and English, work passion and you are always updated on the sporting event calender. Great! This is why you have been submitted and presented as a CRM talent for this iGaming company in Malta.
4 general tips for candidates
- Show a positive attitude. Companies are looking to hire vibrant characters with energy and a good vibe because that will benefit their working environment in the office. Enthusiasm is contagious and a joke or laugh can go a long way.
- Team Players are welcome. Companies have different departments and as colleagues we all need to work together as a team. Teams in organizations need strong team players to perform well and reach their goals and targets. You are ready to give 100% and you want to contribute to success by being dependent reliable and responsible.
- Work ethic and self-motivation. A good candidate enjoys team work but he also not afraid to take initiative and get the work done. Employees with a strong work ethic often set high goals for themselves and keep going until they achieve them while meeting deadlines. We love to meet people with ambitions!
- Confidence. Candidates who come from GamingMyJob will meet the requirements listed by a online gaming company but you have to have the confidence and communication skills to back it up in an interview. We pride ourselves in saying we have recruited many brilliant people and this is work excellence as we know how to bring the best out of talented profiles. We make you believe in yourself!
Good luck to you M Mollenaar! Now it’s time to step up, I know you have product knowledge from working with online casinos and online sports gambling industry so just trust your own industry knowledge. We all like people who understand the importance of details, structur, clear communication and deadlines. That are keys to success and we believe in YOU!
[…] to let Hiring managers, HR people and recruiters know you are an effective communicator. Don’t be nervous. You just make sure to give concise and clear responses and pay attention to your body language and […]
[…] mistakes as they are prepared, knowledgeable about the company and product portfolio, and able to deal with nerves. By staying focused throughout the interview process the HR team and hiring managers will be […]